Tuesday 11 March 2014

Gutted


The last ten days have been busy.

We found a warehouse where we can work on the van, and sort through our gear, only ten minutes from Mum's. It's fabulous! The kids ride their scooters and play table tennis (we are talking 1000 square metres) and I have a store room/ sewing room to make the linen, and a fridge full of ice-blocks to keep everyone cheerful.



I have been so busy! Planning, researching, selecting paints and colour schemes, finding a flooring option to suit, and digging through boxes of old fabric to see what I can reuse or revitalise!



Hours and hours of Geo and I,  discussing, measuring, imagining what the old girl can be. Limits of time and money flavour most decisions, as always, but my Geo is a resourceful man, and always seems to find a way!


When fixing the fridge, he realised he had to pull off a section of the panelling to fit the new fridge cupboard in efficiently. And then he discovered the remodel five years ago was actually just cosmetic. They had glued the new laminate over the old, rotting, water damaged ply.


It had now disintegrated into what could only be described as tinder. Loose, dry wood shavings next to shonky, shonky wiring. So ....

Last week he gutted it.



I had difficulty watching. Our little home on wheels was no longer looking anything like a home. It looked like a tin can. An empty tin can. On wheels.


But ... I know it will be fabulous when its finished. It will be safe, more importantly, and fabulous.

In the meantime ... I will hold my breath.

More soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment