Wednesday 12 March 2014

Colour

I am loving playing with colour.

The colours I chose for the interior upholstery are quite sedate ( for me) but the accents will be anything but!!

I wanted to make co-ordinating doona covers for each of us in the caravan, as everyone had kind of grown out of their existing ones and I didn't fancy taking my  1000 thread count WHITE cotton sheet and doona covers to the Red Centre!! 

I also wanted an excuse to use up my fabric stash!!  So I've designed some simple patchwork panelled doona covers and I am on the hunt for a navy or dark denim look fabric for the bulk of it. As for the printed cotton patchwork panels, I have heaps!! I just love this orange kitty print, don't you?


Lily has selected her favourites, and I spent all day piecing out her doona panel. Can't wait to start sewing!!!

And I found these ribbons in my vintage trims stash - they'll be fab on my daughter's cover!!

Geo has been busy gutting the van even more!! He wasn't going to reline the roof, as it seemed in a reasonable condition, but boy are we glad now that he decided to! There were holes in the roof - actual holes! Nothing my Geo can't fix though, so out came the welder .... 

Now we can start fresh, with a clean slate. We are insulating all the walls and the roof, using recycled polystyrene of all things! 

This weekend and next week will be super busy as we rewire, insulate and install all the new lining, ready for painting. 

There is so much to do, that at times we feel quite overwhelmed. But then we do a little bit here, and cross something of the list there. Eventually, we'll get there. I have faith. In us.

And just look at these awesome stainless steel cups Geo bought for the van ... How can we be anything but happy and excited?

We are living and breathing this revamp at the moment, in between school and work and washing commitments ( I still can't get over how much washing I have to do ) so there isn't much time for socializing. But soon we will have our home on wheels and be ready to hit the road. And it will be worth it. Even if there is more washing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment