Friday 14 March 2014

Decorating with colour


I have finally sorted out the main colour scheme for the van and have selected flooring, wall and ceiling paint, trim colours for the cupboard doors and blinds. Woohoo!!

 It has been incredibly difficult to choose just a few colours. I always knew the inspiration - shades of ocean waves... But wow, who knew there were 500 shades of white!!! So many choices!! Very hard for a Libran like me. ;)


Yesterday I had a GREAT day as I randomly stopped at a fabric discount warehouse (on a whim) and I found the most FABULOUS fabrics for the van bed linen. I was on a high most of the day! Then at home I realised I had to wash and dry and IRON it all before I could even think about sewing!!!!!!  15metres of fabric all up!! I found the perfect navy cotton drill that I will use as the base fabric for all the patchwork doona covers - it's just perfect. Dark, hard wearing, natural fibre, and won't show the dirt. :) Perfect. And I finalized my patterns so the covers will actually be reversible - just in case a muddy little puppy jumps on the bed!

 Talking about muddy puppies, Mozart had his spa day yesterday ( while I was fabric shopping) and is like a totally different dog! He is so much smaller and seems a lot happier - I think he gets quite hot and bothered when his fur is long. 


Just adorable. It's going to be vital we get him clipped regularly so it is easier to check him for ticks. 

Last night Geo and I stayed up till midnight (again) discussing van layouts, cupboards, lighting, ventilation and a few other ideas. We are thinking of building a hideyhole kennel/bed for the dog in one if the awkward corner spaces under the couch. It will utilize a dead space and give Mozzie somewhere that is just his. He used to like sleeping in the bottom of the cat tower, so it will be quite similar!! 
Also we have decided on some LED lights and some down lights for over the lounge. Also Geo had a great idea fir bringing the lounge into the van 4 inches or so, and creating a window ledge - perfect to rest a wine glass on. Priorities!! He even joked about a wine cellar behind one of the lounge back panels ... Ooooh, really? Have to have somewhere to store a few bottles, at least! 

Anyway, here is the final decorating theme. Of course, these lovely calm shades will be buried under chaoticly colourful cushions in bright bohemian pinks and oranges but at least we're starting with a good base, right?

I've been trying to figure out how I can still have plants. Herbs, mainly, but I love having houseplants oxygenate the air we breathe ... Maybe I could hang a vertical herb garden on the door? Wonder if orchids would survive?

No comments:

Post a Comment