Tuesday 12 August 2014

Guerrilla Gardeners are Great!

I was delighted to find that we had set up camp right next to Boynedale Bush Camp's very own herb and veggie gardens!


And just as I had marvelled at them, and gladly watered them with my washing up suds, then a couple pulled up in their van and we quickly recognised like minds! Turns out Pam and Pirate Pete (he had a mechanical arm and had lost half of the other arm)  were the ones who started the gardens! They come back each season to bring new soil, seedlings and start new gardens!


 Geo and Pete struck up a friendship and Pam shared her knowledge of herbs with me and I shared stories of our adventures in Jenkins Court! While we were getting our solar system up and running, Pete had offered for us to connect to his generator to charge our batteries. So Lily and I decided to use the kale and spring onions growing in the communal gardens to make cheese and greens muffins, and we shared them with Pam and Pete to say thanks.


They were yum, as always, and cooked in our little gas oven in the van! 


They invited us to visit their property when next we travelled the North Qld Coast. I'm really enjoying meeting different people so far. Especially when you find new friends with lots in common!



No comments:

Post a Comment